REASONS TO DONATE
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
MISSION OF CONGRESS OF DISABLED PERSONS AGAINST EXPLOITATION
Protect and advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities, and the elderly persons. Insure their rights to live as independently as possible with dignity.
Track federal, state, and local laws that affect the lives, and wellbeing of the disabled and elderly communities. Support groups and organizations that advocates and educates civil rights for these communities.
MISSION OF OLMSTEAD NETWORK
DETAILS FOR ACTION
OF CONGRESS OF DISABLED PERSONS AGAINST EXPLOITATION
- THE RIGHT OF A PERSON TO CHOOSE LIVING SETTINGS.
- THE RIGHT OF A PERSON TO CHOOSE TO A PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANT .
- RIGHT OF A PERSON TO CHOOSE ANY TREATMENT AND MEDICATION.
- FOSTER THE EMPLOYMENT AND PROMOTION OF PERSONS' WITH DISABILITIES.
- CHANGE EXTENDED CARE INSURANCE TO INCLUDE LIVING IN ONES OWN HOME
- PROMOTE THE FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF ADA --- ADA ON TRIALAFTER 25 YEARS
o BUSINESSES DOING WITH THE PUBLIC MUST COMPLY WITH THE ADA ACT
o COURTS MUST DECIDE IN FAVOR OF THE ADAEVEN IF BUSINESSES CAN'T AFFORD MODIFICATIONS
o APPLY CODP TEST; IF ABLE BODIED PERSONS HAVE AN ENTRANCE INTO A PUBLIC BUSINESS, THE ENTRANCE MUST COMPLY WITH ADA STANDARDS.
o ACCESSIBLE EMPLOYMENT AND TRANSPORTATION FOR PERSONS' WITH DISABILITIES AND THE ELDERLY
- SUPPORT AND UPHOLD THE INTEGRATION OF AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES INTO THE WORKFORCE THROUGH SWIFT IMPLEMENTATION OF THE TICKET TO WORK AND WORK INCENTIVES IMPROVEMENT ACT OF 1999 (TWWIIA)
o NO-LOSS BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYABLE RIGHT TO WORK PERSONS
o MEDICAID BUY-IN PROGRAM --- FAIR BUY-IN FOR LOW AND MIDDLE CLASS.
o SINGLE PAYER HEALTH CARE
· ADVOCATE FOR THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES.
o ACCESSIBLE BUILDING ISSUES
o ACCESSIBLE EMPLOYMENT ISSUES
§ HIRING AND PROMOTION ISSUES
· ADVOCATE FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE UNBORN WHO MAY BE AT RISK OF BEING BORN WITH A DISABILITY.
· CONSULTANT TO PARENTS OF DISABLED BABIES AND UNBORN BABIES THAT MIGHT BE BORN WITH A DISABILITY.
- PROTECT DISABLE PERSONS FROM:PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS
- PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ABUSE IN:
- HOME ACCESSIBLE ISSUES
- NURSING HOME ISSUES
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
- FINANCIAL EXPLOITATION FROM:
- FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- CARE GIVERS
- SERVICE PROVIDERS
- WE CONDUCT ADVOCACY FOR A WIDE RANGE OF ISSUES ON A WIDE VARIETY OF ISSUES.
- OUR STAFF ARE TRAINED AND PROFESSIONAL.
- IF, FOR SOME REASON WE CAN NOT SERVE YOU, WE WILL FIND SOMEBODY WHO WILL.
§ ADVOCACY TRAINING
§ PERSONAL ASSISTANCE / CAREGIVER TRAINING
MISSIONS OF TWO ORGANIZATIONS WORKING TOGETHER
Thie CONGRESS OF DISABLED PERSONS AGAINST EXPLOITATION
is the parent nonprofit corporation of OLMSTEAD MISSIONS NETWORK.
their combined missions are:
- Develop an Olmstead Reality network, LLC with Olmsted Network Mission. of accessible and affordable housing for persons with disabilities and the elderly.
- Develop fundraising campaigns to buy single family homes and apartment buildings and rehabilitate them for disabled tenants and owners.
- Train Olmstead Freedom Personal Assistant caregivers to aid disabled and elderly persons so they can live independently.
- Build an Olmstead Network of service providers, builders and real estate agents to provide a full range of Olmstead Services.
- Advocate the Olmstead Network to insurance companies, Medicaid and Medicare for financial support to purchase home equipment to allow disabled persons function in their own home. Consult on financial matters such as Money follows the person, Living Trusts, Reverse Mortgage, rights for persons with disabilities, consultant on legal matters, etc.
- Build an Olmstead Freedom Training Center.
- Develop an Olmstead Marijuana Pain Relief Institute.
POLICIES, ISSUES, AND LAWS WHICH WE SUPPORT
SUPPORT NEW RESEARCH FOR WHEELCHAIRS
LEGISLATION TO BE PASSED
SUPPORT MORE MONEY FOR WHEELCHAIRS
Congress is considering a bill that would allow NCART members more money for specific types of wheelchairs Learn more. : READ COMMENTARY ABOUT NCART.
Read story of how a power wheelchair helped Herb for more than 55 years. BUY NOW!
DISABILITY INTEGRATION ACT
The Americans with Disabilities Act took hard work to pass. With attacks on ADA growing, we know there is much work to do if people with disabilities are going to live in the community rather than be forced into nursing facilities and other institutions. To assure that people with disabilities have a real choice to avoid or leave institutional placement, ADAPT is asking both Houses of Congress to pass the Disability Integration Act.
The proposed legislation establishes statutory civil rights language - comparable to the ADA - which requires states to change their policies, provide community-based services first, and offer HCBS to people currently in institutions.
Learn more about the DIA proposed legislation here.
NEWS, COMMENTARY AND STORIES
THUNDER FROM THE VALLEY
ABOUT OUR FOUNDER AND HIS ESCAPES
THUNDER FROM THE VALLEY
NEWS AND COMMENTARY
OLMSTEAD REALITY NETWORK, LLC
DISABLED VOTERS OF U.S.A.
WEATHER LAW DATA SERVICE.
INSTITUTE FOR ENERGY, CLIMATE & WEATHER
ANNUAL OLMSTEAD SECTION OF THE ANNUAL DISABILITY PRIDE PARADE
PAIN RELIEF RESEARCH INSTITUTE
OLMSTEAD HEROES WITH DISABILITIES AND LEADERS OFTHE DISABILITY MOVEMENT